links

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Review: L'Oréal Paris Collection Exclusive Pure Reds


Hello loves! How are you doing? You're fine? Good, good.
Today I'll be doing a review on these pretty lipsticks which are part of the L'Oréal Paris Collection Exclusive Pure Reds range.
I've noticed we have different colours in the Netherlands than in the UK and probably more countries, so for most people these colours are hard to get by, sorry about that, but I wanted to show them to you anyway. And even though the colours and names might be different, the formula and packaging will probably be the same, so this post will hopefully still be helpful to you, or at least enjoyable to read.
If you're more of a nude lipstick person, I've also reviewed the Collection Privée Nude lipsticks from L'Oréal Paris, which you can check out here.
 

Just like the Collection Privée lipsticks, these come in the most gorgeous black packaging with gold detailing. However, unlike the Collection Privée lipsticks, these have a subtle engraving which looks to me like crocodile print. I really like this, because red lipsticks are a bit more edgy than nude lipsticks, which is visible in the packaging. It also has the signatures of the people by whom this lipstick was inspired on them, which I really like. This way you can find your perfect red lipstick by looking for the person with a similar hair and skin colour, although I didn't really pick my lipsticks this way.


I went for Doutzen's pure red and Laetitia's pure red. I wouldn't really call these lipsticks pure reds, but they're gorgeous, so no complaints from my mouth. The other two colours we have in the Netherlands are Blake's red and Julianne's red, which I believe are also available in the UK, together with Liya's red and Eva's red, if I'm right, correct me if I'm wrong.


Doutzen's pure red is a vibrant orangey red lipstick, which is perfect for summer, but I also like it for autumn with Halloween coming up, due to its very pigmented orange colour. I've been wanting an orange lipstick for such a long time, so I'm glad I finally got my hands on one, and I love it. I'm not really used to wearing this colour on my lips, so it still feels a bit weird when I look in the mirror, but I am looking forward to wearing this loads in summer.
Also I just needed to add this lipstick to my collection, because Doutzen Kroes is a famous model and from the Netherlands! We rule! (: Maybe it's not a coincidence her lipstick looks so orange, because it's our national colour.


Laetitia's pure red is a gorgeous dark berry purple red lipstick. Perfect for the upcoming winter season. I'm not sure yet if this lipstick suits me, but it might be because dark lipsticks are new to me, since I've always been too scared to try them. But I just love this colour so much. It's so deep and rich and amazingly pigmented.

Both lipsticks have amazing pigmentation. They also last a long time on the lips, but they are also very creamy and tend to slip and slide. However, this is easily prevented by using a lip liner. The creaminess also makes these lipsticks moisturizing, which is great for my dry lips and amazing since both lipsticks are semi matte.


I'm so happy I bought these two lipsticks, even though I'm not sure these colours suit me very well. What do you think? It probably just takes some time for me to get used to them, but they are so pretty and feel great on the lips.
I'm really tempted to buy the other two colours and maybe even see if somehow I can buy Eva's and Liya's red as well.


I'm so sorry these two colours aren't available in the UK. If someone knows how to get these, please let me and my readers know in the comments so we can help each other out.

I hope you've enjoyed reading this post, if not, I'm sorry, better luck next time. Let me know if you have tried, or will be trying these pure reds and what you think about them. I want to know.




~Xx

3 comments:

  1. I love Laetitia, wish it was available in the UK! It's such a lovely shade!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo chica, these look amazing on you! Especially Laetitia! <3 xx

    Kitty | kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning colors and I love the way they are personalized!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete