links

Saturday 5 July 2014

Review: Nars Duo Eyeshadow Isolde

In my Barcelona post I told you guys I was going to do a review on the Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde. I've bought this as a souvenir knowing I would love it a lot. And I was right. It has quickly become my go to eyeshadow duo.


First let's talk about the packaging. Sometimes black can be a bit boring, but Nars knows how to do it right. It's simple and elegant. I love that it's matte black, because that just makes the packaging more chic. It also feels very strong, not something that would break easily. And a bonus, there's a mirror inside, which is always great.

Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde €34.-

Nars describes the colours as Frosted Ginger and Shimmering Copper. Being orange toned, these eyeshadows look amazing on blue eyes, but it would suit other eye colours as well. It has just the perfect amount of shimmer. They are very shimmery, without being glittery, or simply too much.

Frosted Ginger and Shimmering Copper go really well together. Of course the eyeshadows can be used on their own, but together they also make a perfect couple.


I prefer applying the lighter colour on my eye lids and taking the darker colour in the outer corners and very lightly through the crease. I then add some liquid liner or just an eye pencil to finish the look. But there's no rule for applying these. You can do whatever you prefer.


Nars states that these eyeshadows have true colour application and I agree with them. What you see is what you get. Because of the micro-fine powders with amazing pigmentation, application is a dream come true. You barely need to touch the shadows with your brush and you've got enough product, it also makes blending a lot easier. These eyeshadows apply very smoothly and evenly, again because of the micro-fine powders. You don't need serious make up skills to make these eyeshadows work, which makes this a perfect product for beginners.

Furthermore Nars says that these eyeshadows are longwearing and crease resistant. I haven't tried these eyeshadows out without a primer, but with, they are indeed longwearing and crease resistant. Some nights ago I was too lazy to take my make up off, I know it's bad, I'm sorry. But that's not the point. When I woke up the next morning my eyeshadow was still there, it didn't even smudge. So if it's that great with a primer, it would probably do well without.

Sorry, look like a ghost here, couldn't find good lighting.

Since it's Nars this duo is quite pricey, but honestly it's worth all the money. The quality of these eyeshadows is something I had never seen before. They will last you a long time in which you won't regret buying it for even a second.

If you like warm toned eyeshadows Isolde is a great pick, but Nars has many more eyeshadows, both singles and duo's, to choose from, so give them a look.

Do you own any Nars eyeshadows? Which is your favourite? And would you buy Isolde? Let me know in the comments below!


~Xx






















7 comments:

  1. Wow your blog post is amazing

    I love your blog and your design

    well done

    I have just done a new blog post it would mean so much to me if you would comment

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eyeshadows are so so gorgeous! I love nars!

    xo
    Emma
    emma-loren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review. I am getting more and more excited about nars products - seems like the have great pigmentation. xoxo Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really nice:)
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need this in my life right now! So pretty!! -- Lindsey xx

    http://touchedbythesunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so pretty :) just loving the shades in this palette x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete