links

Saturday 12 July 2014

Current Make Up Favourites


Today I really felt like doing a favourites, because I haven't done one in like half a year and I just couldn't wait 15 days longer to make it my July favourites. Which is why I opted for current favourites. Since I've got quite a lot of favourites I decided to do my make up favourites this week and next week my fashion favourites.


Let's start with the eye make up favourites, which include quite a lot of eyeshadows.

My favourite out of the whole bunch has to be my newest, which is the Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde. I did a full review on this duo and if you like, you can read that here.
The other eyeshadow is by MAC and it is Woodwinked. This is an easy eyeshadow to work with, because it looks amazing on its own. You can of course apply a contour shade in the crease and outer corners, but I just blend it out and it looks perfect. We all know the quality of MAC eyeshadows, so I don't think I need to tell anything about that, because it's just amazing.

Something I love to wear in combination with MAC's Woodwinked is this Catrice Liquid Liner in Dating Joe Black. I bought this because I've heard some good things about it and it is also one of the cheapest eye liners on the marked. And I love it. It stays on all day long. It is also super easy to work with and I just love the name of the colour. I think Joe Black is a keeper.

Back to the eyeshadows. This is my eyeshadow duo I bought a year ago during my holiday in Tenerife. I had been looking for this eyeshadow duo for ages, but apparently you can't buy this colour in the Netherlands. So I grabbed my change when I got it and I'm happy I did. It is an eyeshadow duo from Estee Lauder in the colour Raisins.
I remember loving this in autumn, because the aubergine brownish colour was just the perfect autumn shade and it looked amazing with the peachy pink shimmery shade. For the summer months I just kept it to the pink eyeshadow, which I apply all over the lid and blend it out. I love to add some black eyeshadow or eyepencil as a eyeliner for a very soft, natural, pretty spring/summer look. But not only do I love the colours and it's gorgeous gold packaging, the quality of these eyeshadows is great as well.


And then another palette. This Zoeva Nude Palette has also been with me for a year now, and I still love it as much as I did when I got it. This palette contains my eyebrow shades, which are second to last and third to last on the bottom row, so when I just want to be quick and easy I also use this palette for my eyes, and every time I just love how it turns out.
This palette has amazing colours which compliment each other really well. Some eyeshadows are prone to fall out, especially the darker ones, but that's all right. The eyeshadows aren't as pigmented as the others I mentioned in this Favourites, but they still do a good job. Especially since this palette is really cheap and you get a lot of pretty colours. It has all the shades you need to create an every day natural eye or a smokey eye for night time and even shades to fill in your eyebrows. This makes the Zoeva Nude Palette amazing for travelling.

Let's get on with the lip products I've been loving.


First up is my all time favourite lipstick which is Topshop's Lipstick in Macaroon. I am planning on doing a full blogpost on this lipstick, so I won't tell you much about it now, but it's just the perfect summer lip colour.

I don't wear lipsticks often, but when I do want to wear a red for a special occation, Rimmel Kate Moss in 111 Kiss of Life is the perfect red for me. It compliments my hair colour and skin tone and makes my teeth look whiter. It's also matte and I just love matte red lipsticks. I wore this lipstick on my birthday and it made me feel so pretty. That's what make up is for. So Rimmel Kate Moss, you're doing your job right.

If I don't have a special occasion to wear a lipstick for, but feel like wearing something on my lips
(I usually just wear a colourless lip balm and that's it) I opt for the Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Afternoon Tea. I reviewed my two other Tanya Burr Lip Glosses in this blogpost, and loved them so much I ordered a third one. This colour is my favourite out of the bunch, since it's just a very pretty every day colour, easy to wear and easy to pull off.


And instead of beginning with the base I end it with the base.


My first base favourite is this Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I'm in the lightest colour 115. I've you've got dry skin like me, this is your concealer. I've got very dry skin and most foundations and concealers cling on to dry patches making my face look worse and enhance my flaws instead of hiding them. This concealer however, doesn't. You can still see my dry patches if you look at my face really closely, but it's not as bad as it is with other foundations and concealers I've tried. The coverage is also amazing. I just apply a bit to my face, underneath the eyes to cover up dark circles and just on the redness on my skin. I don't have to apply much and it's covered. No foundation needed and I can keep my face make up light.

Another base product I've been loving is one only available in the Netherlands, so for any of you not living here, I apologize, but it's just too great to not include.

It's the eyeshadow underbase by Etos. This primer is amazing. I have never tried another primer, because I think they are too expensive. But this one is cheap and it does the job. My eyeshadows don't crease and stay on all day. I could do my make up early in the morning and with this miracle product my eyeshadow would still be there in it's own place when I come home late at night.
Those where the make up products I'm currently loving. I will try to do my best and start doing monthly favourites again, beginning in August. What are your current favourites and have you tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments below.

I'm now going to join my cat in the sun again. Thank you for reading my blog and have a great day!

Love you! Bye!!

~Xx

































5 comments:

  1. that nars duo is beautiful!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Zoeva eyeshadow palette. It looks amazing.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love topshop lipsticks, and Tanya Burr lipglosses! The Nars due looks so amazing!! I have followd you on GFC and Bloglovin, and would really really appreciate it if you followed me back! Lovely blog xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your picks:)
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella ☀

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the images you've taken for this post! Wonderful background used :) X

    ReplyDelete