links

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Review: Tanya Burr's Nail Polishes



A while back I reviewed the lip glosses of Tanya Burr's make up range and today I'm back with a review of Tanya Burr's nail polishes.
You can check out the review of the lip glosses here.

As you may or may not know, I love dark nail polishes, there are barely any brights in my nail polish collection, and the ones I do own, I never actually wear. So it may come as no surprise that I ordered the two darkest colours of Tanya Burr's collection: 'New York Night' and 'Midnight Sparkles'.

Nail Polishes by Tanya Burr RRP €7,79 Available on FeelUnique
Let's start with taking a look at the packaging. I love the simplicity, glass bottle, black lid, square shaped. It makes it look really classy. Just like the lip glosses, Tanya personalized her nail polishes with her signature, but I'm missing the heart on the lid. I've seen a few nail polishes with the heart, so I'm not really sure what's up with that.
The only thing I don't like about the packaging is it gets dirty really quickly, because you can see the finger prints really easy.


The brush is just a regular nail polish brush, which personally I like. I prefer the smaller brushes, because you can work really accurate with it, and it doesn't apply to much on your nails. Although I was expecting a less regular brush, like the lip glosses have. So nothing too impressing, but I like it anyway.



The first nail polish I tried was 'New York Night'. I was searching for a deep, almost black, purple colour for quite a while, so I was extremely happy when I saw this beauty in the collection. I already had a black/blue and a black/red, which I both wear week after week, but I couldn't find one in my favourite colour, purple.
I love the colour of this nail polish so much. In certain light it appears almost black, but in the sun or bright light it is a stunning dark purple.

So how did the application go? Well let me tell you, application is a dream. To get a perfect opaque colour you only need one single coat. In the pictures above I only used one coat, and look how dark it is. But that's not all. This nail polish dries so fast. Without using a topcoat, my nails were dry within 10 minutes. I could not believe it when I touched my nails lightly after a couple of minutes to find it completely dry. I always mess up my nails, because I simply have no patience to wait for them to dry, so this makes this nail polish perfect for me. I have been wearing it the last two weeks and intent to wear it for many more weeks to come. It has become my new favourite nail polish, and I think it might keep its first place for a long time.

Chipping started after wearing the nail polish for 3-5 days. Which I think is okay. It's not extremely long, but it isn't short either. And with the great application, I don't mind re-painting my nails after 3 days. 



On to the next nail polish 'Midnight Sparkles'. Just take a look at the colour. I'm normally not very fond of sparkling nail polishes, but I thought I would give them a try. And boy am I happy I ordered it. Midnight Sparkles is the perfect name for this nail polish, because it looks like the galaxy in a bottle. It is a very pretty purple colour with blue, pink and orange sparkles. The pictures won't do its beauty justice.
Since I normally never really wear sparkly nail polishes, I think I will save this nail polish for more special occasions.
Application wise, it's the same as New York Night. Only one coat needed, dried within 10 minutes and lasted 3-5 days.



I'm really happy with my purchase and again Tanya has done an amazing job with her collection. I was already a fan of her lip glosses, but I think I might love her nail polishes even more.

Have you tried any items from Tanya's make up line? Let me know what you think about them in the comments below.

~Xx












8 comments:

  1. New York Night looks so great! I want to try it out so bad. You have great nails by the way!

    Arayne,
    http://arianaly.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post hun:))
    Love your blog,followed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to find a brand that has a good range of products that don't let you down - you mentioned so many wonderful positives about this polish and the lippie - I've just got to try it! :)

    New follower on GFC and Bloglovin xxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post dear:)
    love reading your blog!
    Maybe we could follow each other on blogger and/or bloglovin?
    Let me know on my blog;)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purple one! I am going to try it. I like your blog, well done :)

    Regards,

    www.agirlinafrica.com

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post <3 and I want to try it
    http://carolinessecretblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! Gotta try the Tanya Burr collection :)
    My friend and I just started our own blog, it would be nice if you could check it out and perhaps follow us.
    http://twinros.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete