links

Sunday 29 December 2013

Christmassy London

During the holidays my boyfriend and I went to London. I've always been wanting to go to London and Christmas time is just the best time to go. All the lights and beautifully decorated display windows. It feels like living in a fairy tale.

Of course I made a few pictures during my stay and I thought it would be nice to share them with you. So here they are:
 
 
I think I might have fallen in love with the Big Ben. I don't exactly know why but I think it is very magical. Maybe because of Peter Pan?
 
 
And of course we have been on the London eye. We went there when it was dark and the view was stunning. It was amazing to see the lights from double-decker busses moving across the bridge below us.
 
 
My boyfriend and I.
 
 
 
The streets covered in Christmas decorations. I may kind of have walked the entire road with my mouth wide open..
 
 
 
The displays were beautifully decorated. I loved the detailed work. For example the Play-Doh Snowmen with each a different story. I laughed at the two snowmen worrying about the other snowman who had fallen of the edge and is barely holding on.
 
 
You can't go home before having fed the squirrels.
To be honest, I think this was the best part. They are just so cute.
 
 
 Because of the storms we were advised to leave early so we wouldn't miss our boat. But I was taking a risk and wanted to visit Leicester square and the Tower Bridge before we started on our journey home.
 
 
Once at the Tower Bridge it started raining very hard and the wind was very strong. We were soaked when we got back on the tube, but we made it in time.
 
However saying that... The tube was delayed and we had to run to the next stop were our train would be leaving. But we made it.
Oh and during our run to Liverpool Street Station I stepped in London's biggest puddle after having tried so hard to avoid all puddles and keep my shoes dry.
 
The hotel we stayed in is named Dolphin. The quality wasn't great, but the price was fine. Especially for its location. The closest station (Paddington) was less than 5 minutes away.
 
I also made a compilation of all my little video snippets from London, which was mend to go up as a Merry Christmas wish. But I had a few problems editing and it got up after Christmas.
But it is still fun to watch (There are squirrels, a lot.)
 
 
I had an amazing time in London and I can't wait to go back, whenever that may be.
 
~Xx



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment