links

Monday 30 December 2013

13 Personal Questions Tag

So since you don't know a lot about me I thought it would be a good idea to do the 13 Personal Questions Tag. This way you can get to know me a little bit.
Let's start right away.



1. What do you order at Starbucks?

To be honest, I don't go to Starbucks a lot. But the drink I order most is probably a vanilla latte. I'm not a big coffee lover, because I think it is bitter and I don't like that. But the vanilla latte isn't very bitter, but more sweet. I also really like to try out the seasonal drinks. I remember I once had a coffee which was apple crumble flavoured, which was really good. So to sum up, I order a seasonal drink when they appeal to me and otherwise a vanilla latte.

2. What is one thing in your closet that you cannot live without?

This one is very easy. My black jeans. The only time I will wear any different coloured pants/jeans is when all my black jeans are in the washer. They are so easy to pair with and always look good. And, when paired with high heeled booties, a great way to make your legs look longer.
My favourite pair? I still need to go and buy a good pair of black jeans, since mine are getting quite old. The ones I own are either from H&M or Primark. The Primark ones are really good, but after a while they start losing their shape and get a little bit too wide. Since I'm quite slim most jeans are too wide, but that's not the only problem, my legs are very long, so most of the times jeans are too wide and too short. But the Primark ones fitted perfectly. Note: They started losing shape after half a year which I think is quite normal for a pair of jeans I wear way too much.
The other pair I own are from H&M and are a tad bit too short for me, but the shape holds quite well. (I do have these less longer than my Primark ones) The only problem I have with them is that they attract fluff.
And that was a lot about black jeans. You can see I love them very much.

3. What is one thing that most people probably won't know about you?

I can be either really pliable or really stubborn, there isn't really an in between. Most of the times I am more pliable than stubborn. But once my mind is set on something it has to be that way and nothing else than that way.

4. Name one thing that you want to do before you die.

Okay, so these type of questions I don't like to answer, because I have to think about death and all the things I can't do anymore, which is something that actually quite scares me.
I seriously can't choose one thing. There are so many things I want to do! I can't choose just one.
I'm not going to say just one thing, I'm going to say nothing. Of course I want to do a lot of things, but most of all I just want to be happy doing them. I always think: "it will happen when it will happen". I'd love to travel, have my own family, a successful job. But those are things that aren't realistic right now. They won't happen tomorrow or even next year. What I want to do before I die is to be able to look back and say I have enjoyed my life to the fullest and won't think: "but I never had a successful job", or: "I never travelled as much as I wanted to". And I'm taking this question way more serious than I should.

5. What is one food that you cannot live without?

One? That's hard. I'm going to go for vanilla ice cream with strawberries and chocolate sauce, although I think that is cheating. But honestly, I can't decide between them, ice cream, strawberries and chocolate are just too good.
After thinking really hard I made the decision to go for strawberries, because they are not only delicious but also very healthy, while the other two, well.. not so much.

6. What quote or phrase do you live by?

Enjoy the little things.
I'm really one to enjoy the little things. I think they aren't appreciated enough. I always look around me and appreciate the beauty by which I am surrounded, the sky, the stars, the light the sun gives. Coming home after a long day or holiday and get that "Ahhhh, I'm home" feeling and get cosy on the couch. Cuddling with your cat, or reading books late at night in bed with fairy lights on. I always try to take some time each day to appreciate the little things, and they always cheer me up.

Another one I really like is:
Never give up, just take a rest and try again.

7. What do you like and dislike about the YouTube community?

When I was really ill for a long time (almost two years ago) I got a lot of comfort from YouTube. After a while TV series and films got boring, but YouTube never did. It was amazing to find people who had the same problems as I had and they made me feel less alone and less sad. Because I had so much support from them I created this blog with the same purpose. To be there for the people who need some support. Who need to know they are not alone. Who need something the cheer them up.
The downside is probably the haters. Sometimes I read comments and I feel really sorry for the person to whom that comment is directed. No matter how thick your skin is, hateful comments will always hurt. Mean comments are not the rewards YouTubers earn for their hard work.

8. What is your number one most listened to song on iTunes?

I listen to a lot of songs and the songs I listen to change all the time. But a song I keep loving is Wolf like me by TV on the radio. I really like and it is definitely one of the songs I sing out loud while cycling (question 13).

 


 

9. What kind of style would you define yourself as having?

 I don't really have one style. The one day I'm dressed really casual and the other day really girly and then the next day quite classic. I love to combine styles and most of the times go for a casual/chic combination. With a blazer, black jeans (of course) a nice top and then my black sneakers. My style really depends on my mood and if I feel like dressing up in the morning or not.

10.  Favourite number?

I don't really have a favourite number. It used to be 19 when I was young, because I was born on the 19th, but it never gave me luck. Then it was 13, because I thought if my lucky number doesn't give me luck, maybe the unlucky number will. But 13 didn't give me any luck either. So I don't really have a favourite number anymore. When I have to pick a number I just go with the number that feels right that moment. At this moment, I'm feeling 11.

11. Two hobbies

Making my own clothing items, from the start to the end, meaning looking for inspiration, drawing, buying fabric and sewing. I love all the things. I have so many things I want to make, and hopefully you will see some diy's soon on my blog.
My other hobby is photography. This hobby I have only recently developed. But I got very attached to photos and think they are just too important. I love to capture precious moments and make the photo look even more beautiful by editing it and collect all photos in an album, so I can look back at them, not from my laptop but from a real old fashioned album.
This also counts for filmography. Like my little video I made of my trip to London.

12. Two pet peeves?

When someone says something to you, but you don't catch it the first time, so you ask what he/she said and they respond with: "Oh, doesn't matter". For some reason I can't stand that. Maybe I'm too curious, but it really annoys me. I mean, why bother saying it the first time? I'm sorry I didn't catch it the first time, but it doesn't mean I'm not interested.
My second pet peeve is quite weird. I don't know if anyone else has this, but I really hate the indirect warmth of bodies. For example when you sit on a chair in a classroom and the chair is still warm from the person who sat there the hour before you. Or when someone has been using your phone and you get it back and your phone is all warm. I don't know why, but it just feels gross to me. However, I do like direct body warmth. Nothing better than a long hug.

13. Guilty pleasure?

I like to sing very loudly while cycling (but only when no one can hear me). This is why it is so great that the road to school lies between lots of fields where no one can hear me.
It is very satisfying for some reason. To be able to scream it all out in a place that is all yours.
No I'm not ashamed (only just a little bit).
Note: In the Netherlands it is very common to go to school by bike. Barely anyone of my age owns a car.

And those are the questions answered.
I hope you liked it and if you want to do this tag too, feel free! No one will stop you.
I would love to see your answers.


~Xx

 


  



 

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! So cute!
    xo Holly
    sincerelyhollie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete